MOBILE, Alabama – Mobile police need your help to catch a mob that beat Matthew Owens so badly that he’s in critical condition.
According to police, Owens fussed at some kids playing basketball in the middle of Delmar Drive about 8:30 Saturday night. They say the kids left and a group of adults returned, armed with everything but the kitchen sink.
Police tell News 5 the suspects used chairs, pipes and paint cans to beat Owens.
Owens’ sister, Ashley Parker, saw the attack. “It was the scariest thing I have ever witnessed.” Parker says 20 people, all African American, attacked her brother on the front porch of his home, using “brass buckles, paint cans and anything they could get their hands on.”
Police will only say “multiple people” are involved.
What Parker says happened next could make the fallout from the brutal beating even worse. As the attackers walked away, leaving Owen bleeding on the ground, Parker says one of them said “Now thats justice for Trayvon.” Trayvon Martin is the unarmed teenager police say was shot and killed February 26 by neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman in Samford, Florida.
- Chicago black guy beats up white guy as payback for Trayvon
- New images of Zimmerman’s bloody head after Trayvon pounded it into sidewalk
- Video: Lies the Media Told Me – The truth in the Trayvon Martin case
- Florida: 27-year-old white man beaten to a pulp by cult of Trayvon worshippers
- Video: NBC’s manufactured racism
- Video: Black mob brutally assaults, strips white tourist in Baltimore as bystanders laugh
- Could Tyrone Woodfork also be Barack Obama’s son?
- Obama’s Chicago campaign headquarters made up of nearly all crackers
- Youths beat up 78 year-old white man yelling “This is for Trayvon … Trayvon lives!”
- Hmm… 911 witness saw Zimmerman being beat up by Trayvon Martin (updated)