Violence in Mexico resembles that of the Islamic world more and more, only minus the suicide bombers, for now anyway. The drug cartels are every bit as vicious as al-Qaeda or Hamas. Not surprising when it is known that they are working with Hezbollah and Hamas, who are sharing their tunneling expertise with them, among other things.
The UK Daily Mail reports that on Sunday, two other men, one with a foot cut off, had been hanged from a pedestrian bridge in Monterrey. Both died.
CBS (h/t Gateway Pundit) – A kicking, screaming teenager with a gunshot wound was found dangling from a rope over a busy highway Wednesday in the northern Mexican city of Monterrey. Police said another man alongside him was dead by the time rescuers arrived and a third was found dead below.
Witnesses told police that a group of gunmen descended from a vehicle and hanged the men off a bridge around 10 a.m., stopping traffic along one of the busiest routes in Mexico’s third-largest city, which has been plagued by drug-gang violence.
All three of the men had been shot and tortured, and their hands were bound with duct tape, said a Nuevo Leon state police investigator who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case.
The dead man, estimated to be in his early 20s, dangled lifelessly in a blue shirt and plaid shorts. Bound in his hands was a cell phone, a possible sign that he was considered an informant.
Police said none of the victims had been identified.
Two other men, one with a foot cut off, were hanged by their necks from a pedestrian bridge Sunday in Monterrey. Both died.
Previous posting on Mexghanistan:
- Mexghanistan: Drug cartels take to building their own tanks
- Likely Hamas, Hezbollah tunnels found under U.S.-Mexico border
- 13 killed in lake gun battle on U.S. – Mexghanistan border
- Hezbollah sets up base on U.S.-Mexico border
- Mass grave containing 59 bodies found in Mexghanistan
- 41 murdered in 4-day killing spree in the Mexghanistan city of Ciudad Juarez
- 13 illegals posings as U.S. marines named ‘Perez’ caught at CA border
- Bravest sheriff update
- Brave young Mexghanistan woman sheriff rumored to have fled
- Mexghanistan: More civilians killed last year in Ciudad Juarez than in all of Afghanistan
- Hezbollah working with Mexghanistan drug cartels
- Chief of police and bodyguards murdered in Mexghanistan
- Mexghanistan: Another 15 people dead, 14 of them decapitated
- Tears for 2 clowns in Mexico
- Mexghanistan hits new level of brutality in 2010