There have been over 50,000 casualties in Mexghanistan since the cartel wars began. One might think that would make it a pressing issue for the Obama Administration and the Democrat-controlled media, but one would be wrong. Obama came out of the closet for gay marriage and he killed Osama with his bare hands. Rinse, repeat.
MONTERREY, Mexico – Police found 49 mutilated bodies scattered in a pool of blood near the border with the U.S., a region where Mexico’s two dominant drug cartels are trying to outdo each other in bloodshed while warring over smuggling routes.
The bodies of 43 men and six women with their heads, hands and feet chopped off were dumped at the entrance to the town of San Juan, on a highway that connects the industrial city of Monterrey with Reynosa, across from McAllen, Texas.
At the spot where authorities discovered the bodies before dawn Sunday, a white stone arch that normally welcomes visitors to the town was spray-painted with “100% Zeta” in black letters — an apparent reference to the fearsome Zetas drug cartel that was founded by deserters from the Mexican army’s special forces.
The bodies, some of them in plastic garbage bags, were most likely brought to the spot and dropped from the back of a dump truck, Nuevo Leon state security spokesman Jorge Domene said.
Domene said the dead would be hard to identify because of the lack of heads, hands and feet. The remains were taken to a Monterrey auditorium for DNA tests.
The victims could have been killed as long as two days ago at another location, then transported to San Juan, a town in the municipality of Cadereyta, about 105 miles (175 kilometers) west-southwest of McAllen, Texas, and 75 miles (125 kilometers) southwest of the Roma, Texas, border crossing, state Attorney General Adrian de la Garza said. (more >>>)
Previous postings on Mexghanistan:
- Mexghanistan: 23 corpses found – 9 bound, gagged and hanged, 14 headless
- Veracruz, Mexico: 16 killed in 2 attacks after entire municipal police force replaced by marines
- Mexico replaces entire police force in Veracruz with marines as part of campaign to eliminate corruption
- US indictment of Lebanese druglord reveals close ties between Hezbollah and Mexican drug cartels
- 3 abandoned vehicles containing 26 murdered bodies found on Mexican highway
- Mexican drug cartel hogties, disembowels, slashes and hangs social media users from bridge
- Mexico: 2 dozen gunmen storm casino, torch it, kill at least 53
- Entire Mexican police force quits after chief and 5 officers murdered by drug gang
- Mexghanistan: 3 men tortured, shot, dangled from bridge, 1 survives
- Mexghanistan: Drug cartels take to building their own tanks
- Likely Hamas, Hezbollah tunnels found under U.S.-Mexico border
- 13 killed in lake gun battle on U.S. – Mexghanistan border
- Hezbollah sets up base on U.S.-Mexico border
- Mass grave containing 59 bodies found in Mexghanistan
- 41 murdered in 4-day killing spree in the Mexghanistan city of Ciudad Juarez
- 13 illegals posings as U.S. marines named ‘Perez’ caught at CA border
- Bravest sheriff update
- Brave young Mexghanistan woman sheriff rumored to have fled
- Mexghanistan: More civilians killed last year in Ciudad Juarez than in all of Afghanistan
- Hezbollah working with Mexghanistan drug cartels
- Chief of police and bodyguards murdered in Mexghanistan
- Mexghanistan: Another 15 people dead, 14 of them decapitated
- Tears for 2 clowns in Mexico
- Mexghanistan hits new level of brutality in 2010