This is how Islam reminds infidels that it is the “religion of peace”. See bottom for just a sampling of what Islam has been up to in Nigeria over the past year. There will be no condemnation of this latest butchery from the UN, EU, or the Obama Administration, as usual. One country, however, did immediately condemn the attacks “in the strongest terms”.
UPDATE: Death toll rises to 39, scores wounded in multiple attacks. Authorities acknowledge they could not bring enough emergency medical personnel to care for the wounded.
UPDATE: Death toll now up to about 100.
(BBC) — Bomb blasts targeting Christmas Day church services in two Nigerian cities have left at least 28 people dead, with three more attacks on other towns.
The Islamist group Boko Haram said it had attacked St Theresa’s Church in Madalla, near the capital Abuja, killing 27 people.
A second explosion shortly after hit a church in the central city of Jos. A policeman died during gunfire.
Three attacks in northern Yobe state targeted a church and security forces.
Two hit the town of Damaturu, and a third struck Gadaka. Yobe state has been the epicentre of violence between security forces and Boko Haram militants.
National Emergency Management Agency (Nema) spokesman Yushau Shuaibu told the BBC that the latest Abuja explosion had happened in the street outside the church.
He said the church – which can hold up to 1,000 people – had been badly affected by the blast, and the number of dead was likely to rise.
Unconfirmed reports say that emergency responders have been attacked by groups of stone-throwing youths.
A security source told Agence France-Presse that one of the Damaturu explosions was a suicide car bomb attack on a convoy of the State Security Service.
In Jos, a blast close to the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Church was followed by gunfire that left one officer dead, government spokesman Pam Ayuba told Associated Press.
Two explosive devices found in a nearby building were disarmed as military were deployed to the site.
BBC Africa editor Martin Plaut says the attack in Jos, in Plateau state, could have even more serious consequences than the attack in Abuja.
Previous Muslim butchery out of Nigeria:
- Nigeria’s Fulani Muslims slaughter 45 Christians
- Nigerian Islamists Boko Harem go on bloody rampage, burn churches, kill at least 150
- Nigerian Muslims shoot, hack to death 14 Christians
- Another 18 Christians slaughtered by Muslims Nigeria
- Nigerian Muslim youths hack to death Christian family of 8
- Another 15 Christians butchered in Nigeria
- Nigerian Islamists bomb another church, 3 dead, 7 critically wounded
- Nigerian Islamists blow up another beer garden, kill 10
- Nigeria: Muslims attack beer garden, kill 25 injure 30 with bombs and gunfire
- Nigerian Muslims bomb church, kill 3 children
- Nigerian Muslims blow up cathedral, kill 16 Christians
- Nigerian Muslims slaughter 17 Christians, including wife and 3 children of pastor
- Post-election rampage in Nigeria leaves heaps of charred Christian corpses
- Muslims continue to riot, burn, and slaughter in Nigeria after election loss; Christians retaliate
- Nigerian Muslims riot, burn, kill after Christian incumbent wins big in Presidential election
- Nigeria: 1000 Machete-wielding Muslims attack, torch village; elderly feared burned up in their homes
- RoP Slaughter 32 Christians and Wound 74 in Nigeria