Here are some of the new details that have emerged from the brutal slaying of the Fogel family:
• The terrorists planned the stabbings days ahead, and made unsuccessful attempts to obtain firearms from a member of the PFLP in their village.
• They first entered a home adjacent to the Fogel residence, found it empty and stole an M-16 rifle, ammunition, and body armor.
• The terrorists spotted the Fogel sleeping children through the window, entered the home, and immediately attacked the children, 4-year-old Elad, and 11-year-old Yoav, stabbing them and slitting their throats.
• The Palestinians then entered the parents’ bedroom and attacked Ehud and Ruth Fogel with their bloodied knives. The parents fought back. During the struggle, one of the suspects shot Ruth Fogel dead with the stolen M-16. Ehud died of his stab wounds during the fight.
Next is where creepy, demented violence turns to twisted, absolute evil.
• The two terrorists left the house, but then heard 3-month-old Hadas crying from her crib. One of them reentered the house, stabbed the little baby, and cut off her head. (The decapitation is rarely mentioned, perhaps because it is too gruesome, but more likely because political correctness in the mainstream media demands that Muslims, especially Palestinian Muslims, must always be viewed as victims and more moral, ethical, and righteous than any other people in the entire world.)
• Two other children were in the home, but they escaped execution because the terrorists did not realize they were there. However, one of the terrorists, Amjad, later told interrogators that he would have killed them, too, had he known that they were in the house.
• After murdering the family, the terrorists walked back to their village, and told Hakim’s uncle, PFLP member Salah Adin Awad, what they had done. Salah hid their firearms, and told them to burn their blood-drenched clothes. The killers then returned to their daily life. Meanwhile, Salah sent the murder weapons to a friend in Ramallah, named Jad Avid, who hid them in his home.
The 2 men expressed no regret over the murders. Their terrorist families deny their children’s guilt, despite the DNA evidence. Israeli Leftists, who, sadly, are no less unhinged than those in any other country, side with the terrorists.
The Fogel grandparents say they are not seeking the death penalty.
“They didn’t escape, didn’t allow the security forces to kill them. They will go to jail, have fun there, study. But I’m not the one who decides on punishment and we shall not launch a capital punishment campaign. Our goal is that they be punished in the most severe way, them and their families.”
“People like them, even if they receive five life sentences – will receive the greatest honor in prison,” Haim added. “We are left with our mourning, left with the grandchildren and are forced to continue coping.”
In a related story, Israel’s “peace partner,” PLO President Mahmoud “the moderate” Abbas, called Sunday for the release of all PA Arab prisoners held by Israel, including terrorists and other murderers. He said that he will not make peace with Israel until all prisoners are released.
Jerusalem Post - On the night of March 11 – as members of the Fogel family slept in their home in Itamar – Hakim Maazan Niad Awad and Amjad Mahmud Fauzi Awad set out from the village of Awarta, 2 km. to the south, armed with knives, face masks and a wire cutter, security forces said on Sunday.
The following account of the massacre that followed is based on confessions from the two suspects, a reenactment of the attack by them, and a painstaking investigation led by the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency).
The suspects planned the stabbings days ahead, and made unsuccessful attempts to obtain firearms from a member of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine representative in their village.
The lack of guns did not dissuade the two men from carrying out their plan to murder Jews.
The youths left Awarta on foot, and after a kilometer, decided against using their wire cutter after seeing that the fence was electric. Instead they climbed over the fence, over a forest hilltop, and reached a row of homes in Itamar.
They entered a home adjacent to the Fogel residence, but no one was there. They stole an M-16 rifle from the home, as well as ammunition and body armor, and walked down the street.
The terrorists then saw the Fogel residence, and spotted children sleeping through the window, security forces said.
Immediately after entering the home, the youths set their knives on two brothers sleeping in their beds, four-year-old Elad, and 11-year-old Yoav, killing them both.
They then entered the parents’ bedroom, where they launched a knife attack on Ehud and Ruth Fogel. The parents fought back. During the struggle, one of the suspects used the stolen M-16 to shoot Ruth Fogel dead. Ehud died of his stab wounds during the fight.
The two men left the house, but then they heard three-month-old Hadas crying.
Awoken by the attack, the baby lay in her crib in her parents’ bedroom.
“They went back into the house and stabbed the baby to death,” a security source said.
Two other children were in the home, but were spared because Akim and Amjad did not know they were there.
Amjad later told interrogators that he would have killed them, too, had he known that they were in the house.
After murdering five members of the family, the men walked back to their village, and told Hakim’s uncle, PFLP member Salah Adin Awad, what they had done. Salah hid their firearms, and instructed them to burn their clothes, which were covered in blood.
The men then returned to their daily life. Meanwhile, Salah sent the murder weapons to a friend in Ramallah, named Jad Avid, who hid them in his home.
“They received much support from family members and friends in their environment,” the security source said. Six suspected accomplices are also under arrest.
Previous posts about the Itamar massacre and the Fogel family.
- Confessed, unrepentant killers of Itamar’s Fogel family in custody
- Poll: A third of Palestinians think the Itamar massacre was wonderful
- Israel suffered 128 terrorist attacks in March, more than double that of February
- Yoav’s bedtime prayer
- Same settlers who suffered massacre at Itamar, rush to save life of Arab baby – parents name baby, ‘Jude’
- Israeli supermarket mogel pledges to keep Itamar family well-stocked
- Itamar is not an abstraction
- Netanyahu shames world’s hypocrites over Itamar massacre
- Tens of thousands mourn slain Itamar family in Jerusalem
- Itamar massacre by Palestinian terrorists update
- Gaza arabs celebrate brutal murder of Israeli children in Itamar, pass out candy
- Israel: terrorists stab sleeping family to death in Itamar, 5 dead, including toddler and infant